- Limits: Cards are limited to 15 items. DVD’s and VHS videos are limited to five per card. Story bags are limited to three.
- Due Dates: Books (except 7-day express best-sellers) and audios are circulated for two weeks and videos/DVD’s/music CD’s for one week.
- Renewal and Holds: Materials (except 7-day express best-sellers) may be renewed twice by phone or online from the library website catalog. Enter your 14-digit library barcode number (typed without spaces) and your PIN number. (If you have never chosen a PIN, the default PIN is “CHANGEME”). Click on “My Account” and then “Renew My Materials.” Online renewals are blocked on accounts with large fines or more than four overdue items. Items on hold request by another patron may not be renewed. Holds for items currently checked out or at another OCPLC library may be placed online. Email notices for hold requests ready for pick-up are automatically sent out each day around 3 p.m. from “ocplcinfo” if your email address is on file.
- Outside Book and Media Drop Box: Books, audios, and movies may be left after hours in the book drop box and media drop box outside. Story bags must be returned to the circulation desk.
- Lost / Damaged Items: Patrons are responsible for paying for all items lost or damaged. With approval of the Library Director, replacement of the item may be made with the same title or another suitable title. Parents are responsible for any overdue/damaged/lost items on their children's cards as well as fines incurred.
- Overdue Items: Fines are 10 cents per day per book or audio book, with the exception of 7-day express best-sellers which are 50 cents per day. Video/DVD/music CD fines are $1 per day per item. Overdue notices and calls are a courtesy of the library. Borrowers are obligated to return materials on time without notification.
- Lost Cards: Patrons must BRING their library card with them to check out items or to use the public access computers. A $2 fee is charged for replacement cards.
Public Access Computer Information
- Computer Usage: Customers who live within Okaloosa County must have a valid OCPLC library card to use a computer. Users are allowed one sign-in per day for up to one hour. Last computer sign-in is 30 minutes prior to library closing time. Computers automatically shut down ten minutes prior to library closing time. Children under 16 are not permitted to use a computer until parental consent is on file. All copies are $.15 per page.
- Internet Usage: Use of the public access computers for viewing or disseminating illegal or inappropriate images is prohibited. Customers violating this policy will be asked to leave and may lose computer privileges. Parents are responsible for monitoring their child’s computer viewing.
- Wi-Fi: Free wireless internet access is available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday. A password is required and may be picked up at the circulation desk. No wireless printing services are available, however.
- Computer Tutoring: One-on-one computer tutoring is available by appointment. The one-hour sessions are especially helpful for those wanting to learn how to use the internet and email.