Community Development Block Grant
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
The City of Crestview receives funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. The City is considered an “entitlement community” with a prescribed formula for funding developed by HUD using select City demographic information. This City receives this funding each year from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to allocate to community projects that support:
- Decent Housing
- Suitable Living Environment
- Economic Opportunities
The CDBG Citizen Participation Plan is available for review and public comments.
- The City of Crestview has prepared the Draft Citizen Participation Plan for programs covered under the Consolidated Plan as required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The Citizen Participation Plan is designed to facilitate two-way communication between the City and its residents on matters pertaining to the use of Federal Grant funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- The draft plan will be available for review and comment for a thirty (30) day period beginning May 8, 2020. City Council will consider the proposed Community Development Block Grant Citizen Participation Plan at their regularly scheduled meeting on June 8th, 2020 at 6:00 PM in the City Council chambers, located at City Hall, 198 N Wilson Street, Crestview FL.
- For additional information, or to officially comment on the plan, please contact CDBG@cityofcrestview.org or call 850-689-1618. Comments can also be sent in writing to: Community Development Services Department, City of Crestview, 198 North Wilson Street, Crestview, FL 32536
- Please submit applications to CDBG@cityofcrestview.org or in person to the Community Development Services Department, City of Crestview, 198 North Wilson Street, Crestview, FL. The final deadline for application submissions will be Tuesday, June 30th 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Applicant organizations must be either:
- A public agency (e.g., a City department) or
- a nonprofit entity with current 501(c)(3) tax exempt status.
- Individuals and for-profit organizations are not eligible to apply.
- CDBG projects must be designed to benefit low- and moderate income persons, aid in the prevention or elimination of slums and blight or address an urgent (emergency) community development need.
- A public informational charrette will be held Tuesday, June 9th 2020 at 5:00 p.m. in the City Council chambers, located at City Hall, 198 N Wilson St, Crestview FL