Small Business Recovery Grant
The City of Crestview has developed the Small Business Recovery Grant with the intent of providing relief to small businesses impacted by the Safer-at-Home executive order. To assist with a speedy administration of this program applicants must read the instructions below and complete all forms prior to submitting.
Disaster Event: COVID-19
Application Period: Open: Wednesday April 29, 2020 Closed: When funding is expended
Funding: Up to $1,500 or the total of eligible costs whichever is less.
Section I Eligibility
To be eligible for funding through the City of Crestview Small Business Recovery Grant Program applicants must;
- Be a for-profit privately held business.
- Have a had a physical location with a storefront located inside the City of Crestview city limits as of January 1, 2020.
- Have an active Business Tax Receipt at the time of application.
- Employee less than 25 employees. (this will be calculated on a full-time equivalent basis - total hours worked/2080 hours)
- Provide proof of lease/mortgage expenses and/or utility expenses for the months of March and April 2020,
- Be able to demonstrate an impact on revenue resulting from the Safer-at-Home order.
- Acknowledge sustained operations requirements. (Businesses are required to maintain operations for a minimum of 30 days following approval of the application.)
Section II Businesses not Eligible
The following business are not eligible for funding through the Crestview Small Business Grant Program;
- Businesses allowed to maintain operations as deemed essential in the Safer-at-Home order.
- Businesses without a physical location with a storefront.
- Businesses without a current Business Tax Receipt.
Section III Additional Funding
The City of Crestview City Council has seeded the program with $75,000 from Business Tax Receipt funding. Any additional funding raised for the program will be eligible to applicants as spelled out in section I with the addition of the following businesses;
- Restaurants who otherwise qualify with the requirements in section I.
Section IV Required Documentation
Applicants will be required to provide the following additional information;
- Completed application.
- Provide proof of required lease/mortgage payments and or utility payments as requested in the application.
- Proof of payments made with grant proceeds within 15 days of receipt of funding.