Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
This program is specifically designed for potential investors who find it very difficult to finance older buildings and qualify for a loan when required inspections reveal building code violations. To bring buildings up to code can drastically increase the cost of the investment, disqualifying an investor. The purpose of this program is to address eliminating this form of blight, increasing redevelopment and public safety. These improvements are areas determined by the City or a licensed inspector as required to bring the building up to current code requirements, and do not include surface or non-essential improvements (i.e., paint, carpet, cosmetic changes. ) Labor and materials may be contributed by the CRA in lieu of grant funds or a portion of the grant award. Maximum CRA grant awards cannot exceed
$25,000. The program allows the CRA to fund 50% of the cost to perform necessary upgrades up to a maximum amount of $25,000. Property or business owners must submit a completed application accompanied by estimates from licensed contractors, if the grant request is part of a larger project, a total project budget must be provided to be considered.
Any estimates over $7500 must have 3 written quotes. Owner purchased materials will not be subject to quote requirements.
Only properties within this district are eligible for grants from the CRA
The following rules are intended to inform a potential grant applicant of the extent and scope of the program. The purpose of the program is to encourage commercial property owners to upgrade their properties by improving the external appearance of their business and to encourage businesses to invest in their operations. The result will halt deterioration, stabilize property values, improve and upgrade the appearance of the area, and facilitate and encourage redevelopment activity in the target area.
1. The program is available only for property located within the CRA District. Note: See attached CRA Boundary Map
2. All proposed code upgrades using CRA funds must be approved by the CRA Staff.
3. The program is for commercial properties and businesses only. Residentially zoned properties are NOT eligible (this includes multi-family units, apartment buildings and duplexes). The property owner must be the applicant. However, if the property is currently leased to a tenant, then the Application and Agreement must be jointly executed by both the owner and the tenant.
4. Eligible improvements for this program include but are not limited to:
• ADA Compliance for:
o ingress and egress
• Other Code upgrades as determined by the City of Crestview or licensed contractor.
Written proof of Code compliance necessity must accompany this application. (see file upload section below)
5. All work must be done in compliance with applicable City of Crestview Building Codes and Land Development Regulations. All contractors must be licensed in Crestview/Okaloosa County. All work that requires permits must be done through the City of Crestview Permit division of Development Services department and pass all required inspections prior to reimbursement.
6. Grant funds will be reimbursed exclusively for approved work, approved change orders and only for work that has been performed after the grantee has received notification that the Grant Application has been approved by the CRA Staff. Any work completed prior to submission and approval must receive approval from the CRA board before any reimbursement is given. CRA staff will determine if previously preformed work is eligible. Work done more than 9 months prior to submission is not eligible for any CRA grants.
7. The Code Compliance Upgrade Grant Program is only available one time in a six (6) month period for each commercial address.
If you wish to submit a hard copy please download, fill in and email to email@example.com
1. An applicant seeking a project grant may secure an application from the Crestview Community Redevelopment Agency(CRA), by calling 850-612-6074 or submit online or download the application from www.cityofcrestview.org. A hard copy of the application is available at the end of this section
2. The CRA will administer the Code Compliance Upgrade program and funding. In addition to the appropriate City of Crestview building inspections, the CRA will inspect the work to determine the satisfactory completion of the work.
3. Applicants may not have any outstanding City of Crestview liens, delinquent property taxes, delinquent utility bills, and must have an active Business Tax Receipt with the City.
4. Application to this Program is not a guarantee of funding. Funding is at the sole discretion of the CRA Staff. Applications will be scored, ranked and obtain CRA approval. The total available program funding is subject to change.
1. Grant Payments — Subject to the terms and conditions of the Grant Agreement, reimbursement will be made within ninety days from the CRA receiving the following:
a) Invoices, copy of processed check and proof of payment for Eligible Reimbursable Costs
b) Building Department Inspection forms and completed final inspections.
2. Site Visits — CRA staff will conduct a site visit before grant payment is made in order to verify that the business is in operation. Staff may also conduct unannounced site visits periodically in order to ensure compliance with the terms of the grant agreement. Staff will complete a final inspection prior to issuing final payment.
3. As stipulated in the project agreement, the CRA will release funds to the client on a reimbursement basis at the completion of the entire project (upon examination of all required documents
I have read, understand and accept the program overview and guidelines set forth above for the
Beautification Incentive Program.
Every application package must include ALL of the following items before it will be processed and considered for approval. All items to be included have a file upload or comment box after this checklist.
(approved loan, cash account, line of credit, etc)
All applications submitted online or by hard copy must be complete with all the required information, Upon receiving the completed applications, the CRA Director will contact applicants to arrange for a meeting to discuss the application.
Please use as much space as necessary to describe the project.
May not exceed $25,000
If more than one.
I (we), the applicant(s) understand that the intent of this application is only for purposes of pre- qualifying for a Beautification Incentive Program Grant and does not guarantee acceptance or approval and no commitment is hereby made on the part of either the applicant or the Crestview Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA).
I (we) certify that to the best of my (our) knowledge, all the information in this application and all information furnished in support of this application is true and correct. Any property assisted under this program will not be used for any illegal or restricted purposes.
Any intentionally false or fraudulent statement or supporting documents will constitute cancellation of my (our) application. The CRA is hereby authorized to verify any of the information provided and to inspect the property prior to approval.
I authorize the City of Crestview and the Crestview CRA or its agents to take photos of myself and my business to be used to promote the program.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field