Crestview’s City Council
Under the City’s Charter, approved by voters in 2020, three members elected from Crestview’s three precincts and two at-large members comprise the City Council. Council members are elected for four-year terms of office and assume office on the first regular City Council meeting after the election to office, which election being held with the November General Election. The mayor presides over City Council meetings, and a Mayor Pro-Tem is chosen by the Councilmembers prior to April 1 each year to serve in the mayor’s absence.
Per the city charter, members of the City Council “shall exemplify good citizenship and exhibit a cooperative spirit.” They may not hold any other elected public office or be a city employee while serving as a council member.
The council’s duties include:
• Appointing the City Manager to oversee the city’s day-to-day operations, as well as the City Attorney, City Clerk and department heads
• Legislating for the city by adopting ordinances and resolutions in the best interest of all citizens of the city
• Adopting an annual budget and all other appropriations necessary for efficient city government
• Overriding the mayor’s veto of an ordinance when necessary
• Devoting such time as necessary to the performance of City Council duties
The City Council must meet at least once a month, per the charter, but often holds public workshops in addition to the council meetings. These meetings are advertised in advance on the city website, in the Crestview News Bulletin and often via city social media including Facebook.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available at least 48 hours prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
How to sign up to receive Meeting Notifications and View live Meeting
City Council - Potential Quorum
The Public is hereby noticed that a potential quorum could exist as elected city officials attend mandatory Ethics Law Training on November 15, 2023.
There may be a potential quorum of two Councilmembers at any noticed Library Cooperative meeting.